This website has been setup as a personal profile and a blog. Blog is still new and I will be adding content that is geared towards infosec and self-hosting things.
My name is Deepak Kapoor.
I have been a web and software developer in the past but I am transitioning towards InfoSec, specializing in Application Security.
I am not active on any social-media platforms, so email would be the best way to connect
Learn about my Environment
I use Arch on my laptop (I use Arch BTW) along with Luke Smith’s dot file configurations.
My desktop uses Windows for games and media.
I like to run my own instances of common services in the cloud to learn, practice and privacy reasons.
- Storing encrypted files and contacts
- Organizing tasks
- Creating reports / resume
- OpenVpn Server
- Protecting on public WiFi
- Transitioning towards WireGuard
- Seeding Linux ISO
- Nginx Server
- Hosting this website which was generated using Hugo
I rock an old Dell R610 server running proxmox with a few machines and docker containers. Some of the services I like to run at home are
- Network wide ad-blocking
- Custom DNS entries
- Private GIT repository
- Storing data from proxmox
- MySQL server
- Small development work
- College assignments
- Elastic stack (ELK) as SIEM
- Learning threat hunting (still new)
- VulnHub Vms
- Practicing pentesting